Wednesday, August 09, 2006

it's been a while....

Am on a high
my toes two feet off the ground
the world floating before my view
staring down at trudging mortals
I revel in newfound excitement.

Down below I see, empty concrete street
I do not step, but yet it moves
It takes me where I want to go
Nay, I never touched it
Yet its being a perfect slave.

I am the master
the struggling soul, looking out
For things I own, and possess
I do not hear the words,
Of the pure, the neat.
I know none.

The wanderer that I am
The lanes brush past my arms
The mute faces, the dumb stares
The rude words of scorn,
Are but dead and past.

Am on a high
I see the glitter, the warmth,
The passion, delirious charm,
Speak out I did, insane ramblings
Of voices, shrimps, the sadists and you
Though numb my limbs are
The feeling never goes.

1 comment:

Dea said...

lovely poem. more comments later; I've got to get back to work...