Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Release me...

Release me…. From the pale sun.
From the dying moon that heads for the clouds
From time, that would kill us soon.
The death that poses an obvious stare, from him.

Release me…. From the green pastures
That would soon grow barren, and wait for spring again.
From gravity, that holds me down to the earth.
Would I never get to fly again?
From the high rocks up the cliffs
That would give way to angry winds.
From the colossal ice caps, the white islands,
That would melt down to mankind’s greed.

Release me…. from the personality within
The bias, passion, the emotion, the lust.
The romantic tangle, the circle of love,
The commitment, the web of my heart.
The surge of laughter, the pain of despair
The feelings that do not last forever.
From the ties, the lasting bonds,
The excuses of love that keep me down.

Release me…. from the beauty, the charm
The looks that do not last either.
The garb that sheaths the heart, the soul.
Release me… oh yes, release me for good.

2 comments:

Dea said...

aha...someone's become quite prolific suddenly...?

Jayant Chakravarti said...

ya... had three free days in a row. had to pen stuff to prevent myself from dying of boredom.