Monday, August 14, 2006

Life's Like That!!!

I haven't had a more eventful Sunday in a long time. This of course doesn't mean that I worked hard, and eventful could be described herein as a series of processes that did not involve burning of calories.
The events did take some time to surface, though. I woke up late, say around 10. This because of a weird article I tried to pen late into Saturday night, trying to describe some old guy's thoughts. Literally, that article has been my only achievement in the last two days of toil. Not quite an achievement though, but yes, it was the only thing I could finish in time.
So getting back to Sunday, the first thing that I realized, to my horror, was that I had slept over half a dozen calls from Ma, who generally calls up early every Sunday morning to make sure her son was napping again. ( I sure have some explaining to do.) Breakfast didn't follow, as brushing happened at 11. Bathing didn't follow too, but two of my oldest friends did. Bissa and Sumit visited me around noon to discuss some odd poetry I had posted in my blog. I love it when I see fans barging into my room. And guess what? Thay offered doing my assignments for me while I went at my poems. I was genuinely flattered, but no pact was entered into, owing to my stand of not entering into a contract when still under the grasp of sleep. Once I was done with the duo, in came Rahul. The 'bas zindagi guzar rahi hai' guy, the storehouse of shers and quotes of 'bewafai'.
What followed was a splendid lunch at SDL with Sriram. He sponsored it , for a change. Though it was vegetarian menu again, I loved the food. Paneer Hyderabadi and Aloo koftas were a real treat on a day when I was expecting myself to hog over worthless hot dogs from Jaideep's tuck shop.
Then came in Apoorv, with whom I went out in the evening for a Sunday chitochat coupled with beer and some snacks . We were done by 7, after which we decided to look for some hot stuff to follow up the beer. In came Kalinga, the ordinary NLUites delight, where we feasted on amazing vegetarian thalis again. The subsequent meetings with more friends at Kalinga, and the long long auto trip back to hostel ended at around 9.
I was just wondering how to celebrate my post- beer 'high'ness, when two young freshers staying in my same floor appeared with a moot problem. Law of torts. One was my new neighbour and the other a tall lanky guy named Digvijay. Apparently the respondent, whom they were representing was driving a Santro car within the speed limits when an fast incoming car forced him to swerve to his left, thereby smashing into a shop, which later caved in. The shop-owner and his rescuer, who also was trapped in the debris, sued. After two hours of lawyergiri, we concluded the only logical argument would be that the shopowner was guilty of contributory negligence as he didn't fortify his shop well enough to avoid damage in an 'accident- prone' area. The fact sheet did state it was accident prone, so I believed the guy could survive the verbal assault from the Judge long enough to last the required ten minutes.
Just after I finished with the young guys, I found an amazing movie in LAN. 'Ek ruka hua faisla' where a jury of 12 guys are to decide upon a case where a son allegedly killed his father. The movie was awesome, and very well directed, the only irony being that jury system does not exist in India. heh. Probably bollywood's passion for copying scripts does not take these minor hiccups into consideration.
What else? Well, I believe that 'was' an eventful day for me, without having to burn many calories. Have two classes to attend today, after which will celebrate another 'hopefully eventful' independence day tomorrow. The weekend has been fun, even though Saturday saw a mass exodus from our campus owing to the three days of holidays coming up.
Well, Life's Like That!!!

No comments: