Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Scotland Ho!

Greetings, Earthlings!

Mimi n Jeeshudada (her husband, in case you don’t know the family too well) just returned to London a couple of days back from a short trip to Scotland. Well, short would be an understatement when you will actually get to know all the details of their spectacular Christmas vacation to Dundee n back. They started off from London on their new car on the 25th morning n raced straight to Stonehaven n then to Dundee, Scotland where Toton (a really sweet n extremely tall cousin) lives in a rented apartment. The following 4 days were full of insane activity and traveling following which they returned to London on the 29th.

It was really heartening to hear Mimi having some fun during the year-end when I am going through one of the most sullen periods of the year, especially when the New Year is around. A couple of trips to Delhi n back was all I managed in the last 10 days, n the poetry, seriously, is going nowhere as far as December goes. Well, somebody erroneously told me that winter is probably the best time for some artistry, and I, like a dumb nut, fell for the trap again.

Anyways, lets leave it at that. The topic of the day was Mimi’s grand trip up north in Christmas. The breathtaking landscapes, the sleek highway, the awesome food n the cute ducks were the highlights of the trip, so I guessed. Mimi is quite upbeat about it, n I really want to hear all of it from her. I hope I’ll get to visit her early next year, as I am not sure if she’ll get enough leaves to visit India. Jeeshudada has been a great help though. He has been kind enough to paste a couple of hundred pics on his picasa homepage, n I kept staring at them for a better part of the evening yesterday. Hopefully I’ll be able to save most of them in my desktop tonight. I’ll try to convince Mimi to add a few words in here at least, and maybe some from Toton and Jereshudada as well, given they are such busy people. Will try pasting a few pics in here, the best ones in fact, provided I could get the better of the url’s, whatever those monsters mean.

Well, don't have much time now. Will post some of the pics later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you thought I would never comment on your blog??? well to write a blog takes motivation and drive, two of my waterloos :) however, might I add that the trip was fabulous and even more fabulous were the deer that were residents of the farmhouse that we stayed in! I truly believe in the `hunter gatherer' system of life hence did not feel any pangs of regret/guilt while gorging down venison (deer meat) sausages in the morning for breakfast followed by an extended photoshoot with their kith and kin. As Joy says, it was an amazing trip, my first vacation since I had the accident in 2006. thats all for now...ciao and Joy, keep up the good work! love n hugs mims